Gambling in Colorado
Gambling in Colorado – gaming experience you’ll never forget
Is gambling legal in Colorado? Gambling in Colorado started with its legalization far in 1991 in order to increase the state revenue, however, with very limited possibilities in the variety of games covering only poker and blackjack (table and video) along with slots. The limitation also was put on the maximum wager, which equaled 5 dollars, and working hours.
In 2009, the state accepted new rules, increasing the maximum wager up to 100 dollars, adding craps and roulette and opening casinos for 24/7. Gambling age in Colorado remained the same and is 21.
Gambling in Colorado: features and cities
The passed legalization allowed only three gambling towns in Colorado and also two Indian reservations. On 2019, there are:
- Black Hawk, the flagship of gambling in Colorado. The city has 18 main glamorous Las Vegas styled casinos with over 8000 slots, 86 blackjack and 80 poker tables, 16 tables for craps and 14 roulettes. Due to its location near Central City provides free Black Hawk Shuttle Service between cities;
- Central City, the much smaller casino city with only 6 casinos with more of the historical themes. It offers over 1800 slots, 21 blackjack and 6 poker tables, 3 16 tables for craps and 3 roulettes;
- Cripple Creek, the second largest casino city with 14 casinos. It offers over 3500 slots, 31 blackjack and 23 poker tables, 4 16 tables for craps and 6 roulettes;
- the Ute Mountain Tribe in Towaoc that owns Ute Mountain Casino;
- the Southern Ute Tribe in Ignacio that owns Sky Ute Casino Resort.
The variety of games is astonishing and includes slots, most popular table games, and multiple poker rooms for events or tournaments. Most of casinos also provide hotel accommodation, restaurants, and other various entertainment options for the history-making fun and spirit of adventure for the visitors.
Best casinos for gambling in Colorado
Colorado casinos represent the topnotch resort that offers the exciting gaming along with accommodation, exquisite cuisine and a lot of entertainment events. Here is the list of top-5 casinos based on visitors’ reviews, which you should visit first:
- Century Casino & Hotel located in Cripple Creek;
- Sky Ute Casino Resort located in Ignacio;
- Grand Z Casino and Hotel located in Central City;
- Ameristar Casino Resort Spa located in Black Hawk;
- Century Casino & Hotel located in Central City.
Basically, all the state casinos are fully equipped and will definitely give their visitor comfort and fun they are looking for. They are the perfect place for travelling groups and families as well as for single or business trips.
In Colorado, online gambling is also legal, however residents of the state mostly use offshore gambling websites such as Bovada, Slots.lv, Red Dog Casino, and Vegas Casino Online.